Zigbee devices can transmit data over long distances by passing data through a mesh network of intermediate devices to reach more distant ones. Zigbee is typically used in low data rate applications that require long battery life and secure networking.
- The Zigbee is the name of a wireless protocol maintained by the IEEE 802.15 standard.
- This is a protocol specified for Wireless Personal Area Network (PAN) using low powered wireless transceivers.
- They have an approximate range of 10 to 100 meters.
- They can communicate with other devices using the simplest serial communication protocol.
- Zigbee uses only two Zigbee modules in which one of them transmits the data and another one receives data.
- The Zigbee module made communication using serial communication protocol with the interfacing devices they can be connected to a microcontroller using a minimum of four pins.
- They are
3. UART Data Out.
4. UART Data.
- Zigbee networks are secured by 128-bit symmetric encryption keys.
- Wireless light switch.
- Electrical meter.
- Traffic management systems.
- And other consumer and industrial equipment.
- Zigbee Modules.
- Atmega16 MicroController.
- Vin= +5V.
- Dout= Rx of Microcontroller.
- Din= Tx of Microcontroller.
- Gnd= Ground.