Raspberry pi is a mini-computer that can do a lot of things. Raspberry pi can pluginto a computer monitor or TV with a standard keyboard and mouse. Raspberry pi comes with different models based on features.
- Model A & A+ has a single USB port, no ethernet, and 256MB of SDRAM.
- Model B & B+ has four USB port, ethernet, and 512MB of SDRAM.
- Four USB ports.
- Inbuilt Bluetooth & WiFi support
- Audio Jack
- Micro USB to power up the board.
- Camera Module Port
- SD Card Slot.
- Ethernet Port.
- 1GB RAM
- 1.2GHz quad-core ARM CPU.
Installation and Initial Setup of Raspberry pi
- Prepare SD card
- Download the SD Card Formatter from the below link. https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/eula_windows
- Download the NOOBS or Rasbian operating system for Raspberry pi since it’s a mini-computer, it requires OS to do things. https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/
- Mount the SD card in the card reader and connect it with PC. Open the SD card formatter, choose the location of the SD card and format it.
- Copy the Rasbian or NOOBS OS in a formatted SD card. Next, insert that SD card in beneath of Raspberry pi.
- Connect the keyboard, mouse, HDMI to raspberry pi and power up the pi board.
- Now the screen will be displayed with raspbian software and double click to install it.
- Once installed, set the country,timezone ,language & click next to set raspberry pi password.
- Connect to the available network either through Wifi or ethernet cable and check for updates & click ok.
- Go to menu->preferences->Raspberry pi configuration->localisation->set timezone & click yes to reboot the setup.
- In raspberry pi configuration enable the interfaces which you want & click ok.
- To update the Raspberry pi, open the terminal by right-clicking on the desktop or doing control+alt+t.
- In termnial first type sudo apt-get update and then sudo apt-get upgrade.