Radio-frequency identification(RFID) uses electromagnetic fields to transfer data through wireless.
- RFID Device consists of two-part
- Tag contain electronically stored information.
- Information read by the reader.
- An RFID system uses the tag, attached to the objects for identification.
- Readers send a signal to the tag and read its response.
- Tag is read-only, the tag uses the radio energy transmitted by the reader.
- Each tag has a unique serial number, by using this tag number it is easy to identify product details.
- There are different types of reader available in the market
1. Passive Reader Active Tag,
2. Active Reader Passive Tag,
3. Active Reader Active Tag.
Passive Reader Active Tag
System has a passive reader which only receives radio signals from active tags (battery operated, transmit only).
Active Reader Passive Tag
System has an active reader, which transmits interrogator signals and also receives authentication replies from passive tags.
Active Reader Active Tag
System uses active tags awoken with an interrogator signal from the active reader.
- Transportation payments.
- Transportation and logistics.
- Public transport.
- Hospitals and healthcare.
- RFID Reader.
- RFID Tag.
- PIC16f877a MicroController.
- Vin: +5V.
- Tx: Rx of Microcontroller.
- Gnd: Ground.