Graphical LCD is made up of a grid of pixels. The 16×2 Character LCDs have their own limitations. The Graphical LCDs are thus used to display customized images and characters.GLCD used in many applications such as video games, mobile phones.
- LCD has a display format of 128×64 (resolution) dots.
- There are 64 horizontal lines and each line has 128 pixels.
- The GLCD has a graphic RAM where each bit in RAM corresponds to one pixel on the screen.GLCD screen will change when we modify the content of graphic RAM.
- The 128×64 LCD is divided into two equal halves.
- The whole LCD is divided equally into pages.
- Each half is controlled by a separate KS0108 controller.
- 128×64 LCD has 128 columns and 64 rows. In total there are (128×64 = 1024) pixels.
- 128×64 LCD is divided equally into two halves. Each half is controlled by a separate controller and consists of 8 pages.
- Controller can select by CS(chip select).
- Each page consists of 8 rows and 64 columns.
- Two horizontal pages make 128(64×2) columns and 8 vertical pages make 64 rows (8×8).
GLCD Pin Configuration
- LPC21XX MicroController.