Tsop is an IR receiver which will help you to interface your TV remote with microcontroller.
- IR LED is transmitting data onto the TSOP,when IR led goes high.
- Remote control signals are often bytes of data that is encoded and transmitted by pulsing(switching ON and OFF the IR LED at a specific frequency).
- Most TV remote control work at 32-40 KHz frequency and most receivers can receive this range.
- The SIRC protocol uses a pulse width to encode the bits.
- The pulse representing a logical “1” is a 1.2ms long burst of the 40kHz carrier, while the burst width for a logical “0” is 0.6ms long.
- All bursts are separated by a 0.6ms long space interval.
- ADC 0804.
- 8051 MicroController.